[XeTeX] Microtypography?

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu May 11 00:36:27 CEST 2006

On 11/05/2006, at 4:14 , Geoffrey Alan Washburn wrote:

> I think protrusion might not be too difficult, but support for
> expansion/shrinking of glyphs could be quite complex depending upon
> the
> rendering API you have available.

Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure that the AAT font format can
support optical protrusion, and *fairly* sure that OpenType can do it
as well. It's firstly a matter of font support (which is true in
pdfTeX as well) and secondly a matter of XeTeX support, which would
be tricky since it uses its own justification algorithm instead of
ATSUI/<whatever it is Linux uses>.

Will