[XeTeX] Fwd: MetaPost with XeTeX

Dalyoung haksan at mac.com
Wed May 10 11:15:40 CEST 2006

It is really a good news.

I upgraded ConTeXt to 05-08 version using i-installer and create a
format file for XeTeX with
texexec --make --xtx en.

After that I tried the MP code using "texexec --xtx filename"

>> \starttext
>> \startMPcode
>>    fill fullcircle scaled 3cm withcolor red;
>>    fill fullcirce scaled 3cm shifted (2cm,1cm) withcolor
>> transparent(1,0.5,green);
>> \stopMPcode
>> \stoptext

But there is an error message as follows:

TeXExec 5.4.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005

               metapost : xetexmeta-mpgraph
                 format : metafun
This is MetaPost, Version 0.901 (Web2C 7.5.5)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/natural.tcx)
(xetexmeta-mpgraph.mp
 >> ^^Mif
! Isolated expression.
<to be read again>
                    unknown
l.4  ^^Mif unknown
                    context_tool: input mp-tool;

What is wrong in my process? Thank you for reading.

Best regards

Dalyoung