[XeTeX] New ConTeXt release and XeTeX - XeConTeXt

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed May 10 08:59:49 CEST 2006

Otared Kavian wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> After upgrading to the latest release (that is TeXExec 5.4.3, and
> ConTeXt  ver: 2006.05.08 12:59  fmt: 2006.5.9  int: english  mes:
> english), when I try to generate the format with XeTeX (that is to
> generate XeConTeXt), with the command
>
> sudo texexec --make --xtx en
>
> I get the folllowing error message:
>
> language        : patterns de for de loaded (n=3,e=texnansi,m=texnansi)
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/patterns/lang-de.pat
> ! Bad \patterns.
> \unknownchar ->{
>                  \hbox {\vrule \!!width .5em\!!height 1ex\!!depth \zeropoint }}
> l.114 .ge
>           s6
> ?
>
> Has anyone encountered this error? Is there a solution?

has to do with context entering utf mode (and expanding replacement chars for chars not in the current font; a fall back mechanism); since i now ship patterns in utf i explicitly need to disable the non-xetex utf handler; this is fixed in the release i uploaded yesterday (i just tested and i get proper pattern loading for xetex as well as pdftex)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE