[XeTeX] Gill Sans Regular – how?

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun May 7 18:33:34 CEST 2006

On 07/05/2006, at 23:31 , Joanna Rycko wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> On 2006-05-07, at 13:56, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> but the headings appear in Gill Sans Bold because
>> the document class makes headings bold.
>
> that were the headings! Of course! How come, I didn't see that! In
> text the font is regular. Thanks!

Of course, Gill Sans regular is fairly bold to begin with. In case
you're not up to this section in the fontspec package documentation
(you are reading it cover to cover, right? :) ), you can use the
light weight easily with:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\begin{document}
\fontspec[BoldFont=Gill Sans]{Gill Sans Light} example text \textbf
{bold}
\end{document}

Cheers,

Will