[XeTeX] Spurious text (font name) in PDF output.

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 16:09:45 CEST 2006

On 03/05/2006, at 23:12 , Bruno Voisin wrote:

> This doesn't, of course, solve the issue about the spurious text
> "(0).fd (0).fd" in the PDF output. This looks like a fontspec bug.

xunicode fixes the \textbullet problem:
%%%
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
%\usepackage{xunicode}
\setromanfont{Times}
\begin{document}
\textbullet
\end{document}
%%%

So what is the problem?
Well, to start with it's clear that allowing spaces in the LaTeX font
family name in fontspec was a bad idea.

Now, if you want to fix the problem of things like "(0).fd" appearing
your text IMMEDIATELY, search through fontspec.sty (v1.9) and change
   \xdef\zf at family{\@nameuse{zf at UID@\zf at family@long}}%
   \xdef\zf at family{\zap at space\@nameuse{zf at UID@\zf at family@long} \@empty}%
(Or something along those lines.) Note the space before \@empty -- it
is required!

There have been a couple of bugs in fontspec recently. Expect a new
version pretty soon.

*****

Babel isn't working, by the way, to select the correct font after
\selectlanguage{french}: