[XeTeX] Linux Support Planned?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Mar 7 18:03:48 CET 2006

On 7 Mar 2006, at 3:26 pm, Rik Herrin wrote:

> Hi,
>   I just came across Xetex and from what I've seen /
> read so far, it's very impressive (more impressive
> than anything I've seen in the latex area on Linux).
> I love the screenshots of the various languages:
> Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic. :D  Unfortunately, it seems to
> only run on Mac OS X at the time.

Right.

>   Are there any plans
> on getting it to run under Linux?  If so, how can I
> follow up on this?  Thank you for your time.

Yes, there are. If you're a Linux TeX developer with in-depth
understanding of the TeXlive configuration and build system, and/or
TeX installation and packaging issues for different distros, etc.,
then write me off-list if you think you'd like to contribute. (And if
not, please be patient until I have something that's fit for normal
users to try!)