[XeTeX] font not found

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Mar 3 15:52:58 CET 2006

On 3 Mar 2006, at 2:41 pm, Yves Codet wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Thanks to both of you for your help. It did come from my setup; I
> still had XeTeX v.0.991, which Jonathan had made available to me to
> do tests when I had hyphenation issues in Sanskrit. I've installed
> 0.99b and now everything seems to be alright. What is strange is
> that in documents where French and Sanskrit are mixed I have:
>
> \setromanfont[ItalicFont={Lucida Grande Bold}]{Lucida Grande}
> \newfontinstance\devanagarifont[Ligatures=Rare,BoldFont={Devanagari
> MT Bold},ItalicFont={Devanagari MT Bold},BoldItalic={Devanagari MT
> Bold}]{Devanagari MT}
>
> and they compiled normally but in that other document entirely in
> Sanskrit of which I sent a part I have:
>
> \setromanfont[Ligatures=Rare,BoldFont={Devanagari MT
> Bold},ItalicFont={Devanagari MT Bold},BoldItalic={Devanagari MT
> Bold}]{Devanagari MT}
>
> and the font wasn't found. I don't know if it may have any importance.

I don't know why this would be, but perhaps it was due to something
not quite right in the pre-release 0.991 you were using. Your
document worked for me with my current 0.991 build, but that's not
identical to the version you had, so it doesn't really prove anything.

(I hope to find time to finish up a proper 0.991 release soon, but
work keeps getting in the way!)