[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.994a and fontspec 1.10 on Mac OS X and Lucida Sans fonts from Java

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 00:17:52 CEST 2006

On 29/06/2006, at 6:15 , Peter Dyballa wrote:
>   \textsf{This is Lucida Sans Regular, \textit{and this is Lucida
> Sans Oblique}.

Hmmmm, what is going wrong here? It has selected bold italic instead
of italic, which is weird.
Aha, a problem with the font (or XeTeX)!

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\begin{document}
\font\1="Lucida Sans Regular"\1 test
\font\1="Lucida Sans Regular/B"\1 test
\font\1="Lucida Sans Regular/I"\1 test
\font\1="Lucida Sans Regular/BI"\1 test
\end{document}

I also notice that trying to select the font by calling it "Lucida
Sans" also doesn't work, which it should if I understand things
correctly. Seems like the font is a bit buggy in its naming.

Anyway, you can fix this up in fontspec of course by selecting the
italic font specifically:

\fontspec
   [ItalicFont={Lucida Sans Oblique}]
   {Lucida Sans Regular}