[XeTeX] wrong paper size (geometry and truedimen)

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Sun Jun 25 11:47:31 CEST 2006

Hi Pablo,

> I'm afraid that this works, because xetex handles mag and paper size
> true dimensions wrong.
>
> >From the geometry documentation:

Thanks. I think the geometry package does not
treat the "pdftex" driver correctly.
I think XeTeX uses \pdfpageheight and \pdfpagewidth
as pdfTeX does. Processing the following source
by pdflatex, \pdfpagewidth and \paperwidth are
"incorrect" (not magnified). The same as the case of XeLaTeX:

%
% pdflatex
%
\documentclass[a4paper,12pt,twoside,openright]{book}
\usepackage[pdftex,compat2,mag=1050,truedimen,paperheight=24.75cm,
paperwidth=17.5cm,margin=2cm,twosideshift=10pt,headsep=7pt,
headheight=14.5pt]{geometry}

\begin{document}

This is a sample text.
\message{\the\pdfpagewidth}