[XeTeX] wrong paper size (geometry and truedimen)

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Sun Jun 25 10:38:50 CEST 2006

Hi Akira, thanks for your answer.

>> There must be something wrong in XeLaTeX, since the xdv file includes
>> papersize 474.2123pt,670.67203pt and the dvi file includes
>> papersize=497.90726pt,704.20303pt.
>
> I think that is not a bug of XeTeX but a nature of geometry package.
> You will get a desired result by
>
> \documentclass[a4paper,12pt,twoside,openright]{book}
> \usepackage[compat2,mag=1050,truedimen,paperheight=24.75cm,
> paperwidth=17.5cm,margin=2cm,twosideshift=10pt,headsep=7pt,
> headheight=14.5pt]{geometry}

I'm afraid that this works, because xetex handles mag and paper size
true dimensions wrong.

>From the geometry documentation:

mag changes all internal explicit dimension values into true dimensions,
e.g., 1in is changed truedimen to 1truein. Typically this option will be
used together with mag option. Note that this is ineffective against
externally specified dimensions. For example, when you set “mag=1440,
margin=10pt, truedimen”, margins are not ‘true’ but magnified. If you
want to set exact margins, you should set like “mag=1440,
margin=10truept, truedimen” instead.

And setting paper size dimensions with mag, truedimen and 24.75cm won't
be magnified only when using xetex. LaTeX magnifies these non-true units.

I hope it helps,

Pablo