[XeTeX] Simon Spiegel's problem with footnotes in XeTeX with KOMA classes

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Jun 20 20:11:01 CEST 2006

Le 20 juin 06 à 18:11, Simon Spiegel a écrit :

> It turned out I had an
> old version of fontspec installed at /Library/tetex/share/texmf.local/
> tex/xelatex and for reasons I don't understand this version was used
> instead of the one I had installed at ~/Library/texmf.

What does "kpsewhich --progname=xelatex --show-path=tex" return on
your system (in Terminal)?

Normally the output should start with (inserting line breaks for
readibility):

.
/Users/<yourusername>/Library/texmf/xetex/xelatex//
!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/xetex/xelatex//
!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/xetex/xelatex//
!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/xetex/xelatex//
!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/xetex/xelatex//

If the output is different on your setup, then that would indicate
something's wrong (or that you have a custom install of TeX, not
involving i-Installer).

Bruno Voisin