[XeTeX] Mapping=tex-text-->no effect in w32xetex

Toralf Senger Senger at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Thu Jun 15 22:00:46 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Because last time you all could help me so nicely, I was wondering whether anybody has an idea what goes wrong:
The aforementioned option does not make an endash out of two dashes and neither does any other substitution of tex-text.map work. According to fontspec, the option +mapping=tex-text is passed correctly when calling the font. I read here already, that there is no errormessage when something goes wrong. I have the newest build from Akira Kakuto FTP server installed, tex-text.map and tex-text.tec are in there default location and additionally in the folder that contains my testfile.tex. TECkit_x86.dll is also there-so everything is in place to work. This is the only remaining problem I have converting my >150 Thesis to XeTeX, all other problems are 99% solved (although it cost me a lot of time).

TS

BTW, how do I reply to a thread rather than opening a new one? Last time I replied to some answers and opend always a new thread. I could not see any other reply adress than xetex.tux.org. I know, very newbie of me to ask this, but I never used a mailinglist before.