[XeTeX] Building xetex from source

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at mac.com
Thu Jun 15 02:12:10 CEST 2006

On Jun 14, 2006, at 10:14 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 14 Jun 2006, at 3:05 pm, William Adams wrote:
>>>
>>> A couple of questions: 1) Can I re-build and re-install at will,
>>> without any preparatory work?
>>
>> Yes, but there's a difference to how the svn command should be
>> entered.
>>
>> I would think the command would be:
>>
>> svn update http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK xetex
>>
>> but when I enter that I get:
>>
>> Skipped 'http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK'
>> At revision 276.
>>
>> Perhaps there's a bit of time which needs to pass for things to be
>> updated?
>
> No, that's not how you use svn update. You don't give it the URL,
> just the working-copy path that you want to update, so: "svn update /
> path/to/your/xetex". Or if you're currently in that directory, just
> "svn update".

OK, here's another question -- I've installed subversion and checked
out a working copy of the xetex archive: How do I go about installing
xetex from it: Do I do the install directly from the working copy, or
do  I make a copy of the working directory and perform the upgrade
from there thus keeping the working copy clean?

SGM