[XeTeX] Building xetex from source

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Jun 14 15:59:10 CEST 2006

On 14 Jun 2006, at 2:18 pm, William Adams wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2006, at 9:05 AM, Stephen Moye wrote:
>
>> I want to build xetex from the source. I downloaded the tarball.
>> Now what do I do?
>
> I just finished doing this.
>
> First, if it's possible, I'd suggest using svn to get the latest,
> greatest version.
>
> svn checkout http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK xetex
>
> Second, open up a terminal window, navigate to the source directory
> and type
>
> ./build-xetex
>
> then
>
> sudo ./install-xetex
>
> and provide your admin password when requested.

Note that if you download a tarball rather than using svn checkout or
export to get the code, you lose the executable flag on the build-
xetex and other scripts once you extract everything from the .tar.gz.

So in this case, you can either chmod the scripts by hand to make
them executable again, or run

	sh build-xetex
	sudo sh install-xetex

so as to explicitly execute them with a shell.