[XeTeX] Building xetex from source

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at mac.com
Wed Jun 14 15:53:32 CEST 2006

On Wednesday, June 14, 2006, at 09:20AM, William Adams <will.adams at frycomm.com> wrote:

>On Jun 14, 2006, at 9:05 AM, Stephen Moye wrote:
>
>> I want to build xetex from the source. I downloaded the tarball.

That was incredibly easy -- thanks for the information.

A couple of questions: 1) Can I re-build and re-install at will, without any preparatory work? 2) If the next revision comes via i-Installer, do I have to do anything different?

I had to set the executable bit on both build-xetex and install-xetex -- other than that it was a piece of cake. And the fact the xetex now respects the crop box is incredibly useful.

Thanks again.

SGM