[XeTeX] wrong font match and missing characters

public at heslin.eclipse.co.uk public at heslin.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Jun 10 13:05:31 CEST 2006

Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com> writes:

> My question is a little unrelated. This font doesn't look much like a
> Didot -- do you know why it uses that name? For example, see the
> Didot below in contrast which is distributed with Mac OS X:

Didot indicates a broad general style of Greek typeface, rather than a
particular face.  Both the GFS font and the example of Greek you posted
are in this general style (so too is the standard Greek font for TeX,
originally devised by Levi, though it's a much more high-contrast
version and so looks even more different).  Perhaps I didn't understand
your question -- if so, could you be more specific?

--
Peter Heslin (http://www.dur.ac.uk/p.j.heslin)