[XeTeX] \special{papersize=...} broken in xelatex? (v0.994a)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jun 9 22:38:42 CEST 2006

Am 09.06.2006 um 20:53 schrieb Stephen Moye:

> I have just confirmed that what worked in xelatex .99b no longer
> seems to work in 0.994a -- or do I have to enable something before
> it does? I tried things like
>
> \special{papersize=5.5in,8.5in}

I think this could explain: the \special{} worked because before
XeTeX 0.994 xdv2pdf on Mac OS X was taking it off the XDV file, and
now we have to either use the geometry package instead or set
\pdfpagewidth and \pdfpageheight accordingly. Both are cleaner than
driver specifics, that can come and go ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

The human animal differs from the lesser primates in his passion for
lists of "Ten Best".
                                      -- H. Allen Smith