[XeTeX] url.sty and XeLaTeX for Linux

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Jun 9 13:01:25 CEST 2006

On 8 Jun 2006, at 11:52 pm, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:

> Jonathan Kew wrote:
>>
>> Oops.... yes... my response was Mac-oriented, sorry. On Linux, I
>> would guess Peter is right, but have not tried this myself. If it
>> doesn't work, consider it an unfinished feature of xdvipdfmx....
>
> External links, bookmarks and document field information is written
> fine, but no internal links, using (of course) dvipdfm as hyperref
> driver.

OK, sounds like a bug.

> BTW, dvipdfmx had a landscape option. Was it buggy in xdvipdfmx and
> had
> it to be removed?

No, it's there, but xetex isn't sure how to access it!

It should work if you run

   xetex -papersize="a4 -l" test.tex

for example.

Unfortunately, xdvipdfmx doesn't (yet) respect papersizes passed from
within the xetex document, either using the \papersize special or the
newly-added \pdfpagewidth, \pdfpageheight.