[XeTeX] XeTeX Linux: 8r.enc not found.

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Jun 9 11:54:09 CEST 2006

On 9 Jun 2006, at 9:55 am, Ralf Stubner wrote:

> Stephen Moye <stephenmoye at mac.com> writes:
>
>> On Jun 9, 2006, at 3:49 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>>
>>> On Mac OS X, this would be true; but Lorenz is running on Linux,
>>> with
>>> xdvipdfmx as output driver, so this should be supported.
>>
>> Just putting in my vote for making this available on OS X -- that
>> would be absolutely wonderful!
>
> I think you can already compile xdvipdfmx yourself on OS X.

Yes, you can. However, it currently has some limitations -- e.g., it
can't use fonts from Mac suitcase or .dfont files, only .ttf and .otf
(and all the legacy TeX fonts, of course). So I'm not (yet)
suggesting that Mac XeTeX users switch drivers. But those who like to
experiment on the "bleeding edge" are of course welcome to try... and
to offer patches and improvements!