[XeTeX] XeTeX for Linux (first experiencies)

public at heslin.eclipse.co.uk public at heslin.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 11:24:55 CEST 2006

Yves Codet <ycodet at club-internet.fr> writes:

> Since the rules you quote *allow* for breaking up compound words
> according to special patterns I'll be glad with my "uni-grhyph.tex", at
> least until you can create a "uni-GRAhyph4.tex". It's that file that I
> had planned to adapt; if I remember well it will also need a little
> editing and if I can help I'll do it with pleasure.

The rules with respect to compound words do not just add extra possible
hyphenation points, they also disallow others.  So a compound word
beginning with ῾υπερ‐ should generally be hyphenated after the rho, and
should not be hyphenated after the epsilon.  So the patterns you adapted
will not only fail to find legitimate hyphenation points, they will also
find illegitimate ones (or so I think, based on only a quick glance at
the patterns).

Best wishes,

Peter