[XeTeX] XeTeX for Linux (first experiencies)

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Thu Jun 8 09:52:13 CEST 2006

Hello Malte.

Le 7 juin 06, à 15:13, Malte Rosenau a écrit :

> Maybe you should also include some instuctions how to compile this
> into the XeTeX format (I for one can never remember how this works).

This is certainly a good idea. Unfortunately there's no "clean" way to
do it in LaTeX. If the patterns are included through "language.dat"
(and so far we can't do otherwise), a language number is skipped in the
list shown in the ".log" at the end of compilation:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Hyphenation trie of length 25329 has 548 ops out of 35111
   29 for language 8
   10 for language 7
   26 for language 5
   7 for language 4
   207 for language 2
   88 for language 1
   181 for language 0
No pages of output.

It seems to be harmless but perhaps it's not. Before such instructions
are put on CTAN I would prefer to wait until Jonathan or Will give us a
nice and clean substitute of Babel which is really suited to XeTeX.

For the time being the simplest way (I think) is to use "i-Installer":

--- instead of "uni-grhyph.tex" use "grchyph.tex" (since it will be its
name on CTAN).