[XeTeX] url.sty and XeLaTeX for Linux

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Thu Jun 8 03:49:44 CEST 2006

Jonathan Kew wrote:
> It probably means your texmf.cnf is set up to search the TEXMFMAIN
> tree before TEXMFLOCAL. I'm used to systems that search LOCAL before
> MAIN (which makes more sense in my mind), but I've seen some that do
> it the other way.

There must be something wrong with my texmf.cnf.

I have changed:

TEXMF =
{!!$TEXMFCONFIG,!!$TEXMFVAR,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,$TEXMFHOME,!!$TEXMFSYSCONFIG,!!$TEXMFSYSVAR,!!$TEXMFMAIN,!!$TEXMFDIST}

TEXINPUTS.xelatex = .;$TEXMF/tex/{latex,generic,xelatex,xetex}//
TEXINPUTS.xetex   = .;$TEXMF/tex/{plain,generic,xetex}//

I had to add xelatex and xetex to the XeTeX inputs.

But it doesn't work. Where should I change texmf.cnf so that LOCAL is
searched before MAIN?

Thanks,

Pablo