[XeTeX] url.sty and XeLaTeX for Linux

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Thu Jun 8 00:45:47 CEST 2006

For some strange reason XeLaTeX is not able to find the url.sty located
at /usr/local/share/texmf/tex/xelatex/url.sty and it uses the file
located at /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/url/url.sty. So XeLaTex has
problems. I don't know how to make XeLaTeX to use the adapted url.sty.

I'm afraid that I have experienced the same problem with babel, where I
had to switch off Russian from the language.dat file to get the XeLaTeX
format file generated.

I don't know whether this is a bug in XeTeX for Linux or there is
something wrong with Mandriva (or my installation).

Thanks for your help,

Pablo