[XeTeX] Fedora Core 4 build success!

Suki Venkat skvenkat at tnq.co.in
Wed Jun 7 07:24:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

XeTeX is now running on Fedora Core 4 (I think somebody else also reported
success with FC4).

 On 21 May 2006, at 5:28 pm, skvenkat at tnq.co.in wrote:

> ../../../../TeX/texk/web2c/xetexdir/XeTeXFontMgr_Linux.cpp:26: error:
> ?FC_FULLNAME? was not declared in this scope

> Help Please!!

You need a newer version of fontconfig. I think this may have been
added in the 2.3.x series; I'm not sure of the exact timing.

If there isn't an FC4 package with an updated Fontconfig, you should
be able to simply "configure; make; make install" from a fontconfig
2.3.x source tarball.

JK

 Installing Fontconfig did it!
(Didn't have much success with my FC3, I may have to upgrade, I suppose...)
I am having some problem with word spaces in font names (\space didn't
help).
I didn't have this problem with Mac OS X.
\DeclareFontFamily{U}{Warnock Pro}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{Warnock Pro}{m}{n}
   {<-> "Warnock\space Pro:mapping=tex-text"}{}

Will using fontspec.sty solve this problem?

Suki