[XeTeX] XeTeX for Linux (first experiencies)

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 13:16:53 CEST 2006

On 06/06/2006, at 6:05 , Pablo Rodríguez wrote:

> Is there any way in fontspec to get fake small caps and slanted
> versions
> of a given font? I have paged through the documentation, but I haven't
> found anything.

Besides very fragile methods of iterating through characters and
performing graphics transformations on them, which is theoretically
possible but unlikely, no. Support for this type of thing would need
to be implemented at a lower level, i.e., by XeTeX, but it's not the
type of thing that many people actually want. Fake small caps and
slanted italics are modern hallmarks of poor typography.

Regards,

Will