[XeTeX] (no subject)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Jun 6 09:24:46 CEST 2006

Le 6 juin 06 à 07:47, Shunichi Amano a écrit :

> I see. Thanks for both.
>
> On 2006/06/05, at 23:29, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> Le 5 juin 06 à 15:06, Shunichi Amano a écrit :
>>
>>> The doc of fontspec says that "Letters=SmallCaps" works for AAT
>>> fonts. But I don't know how to tell a font is AAT.
>>
>> AAT is Apple's font technology (Apple Advanced Typography), similar
>> to OpenType but superior in some respects and inferior in others. You
>> can see the features available for a given AAT font in the TextEdit
>> Font panel (Cmd-T), for example, selecting the font then clicking on
>> the wheel-like icon at the bottom of the panel then selecting the
>> Typography... item.
>>
>> Alternatively, for an AAT font you can use XeTeX to process the file
>> AAT-info.tex, and for an OpenType font you can use XeTeX to process
>> the file OpenType-info.tex. Both are included in the XeTeX
>> install .dmg file, in Samples/Plain.

I'm realizing this answer assumed you are using XeTeX on Mac OS X,
which may not be the case. Sorry for that, I haven't yet fully
integrated the cross-platform nature of XeTeX. Thus, in case you're
not using Mac OS X, the TextEdit tip won't help, and the use of
OpenType-info.tex is the only solution.

The XeTeX sample files are available as a separate download from
<http://scripts.sil.org/xetex_download>, in the form of the archive
XeTeX_doc.zip.

By the way, it seems this archive hasn't been updated to reflect the
changes in the doc and sample files included in the Mac disk image
XeTeX_0993.dmg.

Bruno Voisin