[XeTeX] Fontspec question win32

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 15:53:37 CEST 2006

[re-arranged due to top posting...]

jropers at freesurf.fr wrote:
> Akira Kakuto wrote:
>> I'm not so familiar with fontspec, but try
>> \setromanfont[BoldFont={* Semibold},Mapping=tex-text]{Warnock Pro}
>
> This one worked. Thanks, I guess my understanding will improve !

I can understand your confusion here. The difficulty for me is to
understand the information that fc-list is giving and how it is
related to how XeTeX interprets it.

You said that fc-list gives:
   Warnock Pro SmBd,Warnock Pro:style=Regular,Semibold

But to select the font, you use just "Warnock Pro".
To select semibold, the fontspec command above is a shorthand for
"Warnock Pro Semibold" (the * is just replaced by the nominal font
name), but I don't see how that would be inferred from the fc-list
output. Maybe I'll have to start testing on XeTeX under Windows...

Will