[XeTeX] Hyperref problem

jropers@freesurf.fr jropers at freesurf.Fr
Sat Jul 22 12:19:56 CEST 2006

I began again with a whole new, freshly downloaded, full install to make
sure I have all the latest versions.

> Sorry I meant "utf-8 string of \'Etude".
> In general, TeX command should be avoided in bookmarks.
> \texorpdfstring exists for the sake of this purpose.

I understand that "\'Etude" should be UTF-8 ized, but I since
\texorpdfstring did not make the trick what would be the correct
approach ? (sorry if I ask the obvious)

>>> In the latest xelatex (svn revision 310 or higher),
>>> you can include foo.jpg without foo.bb by using
>>> the default driver. To use the default driver,
>>> you should'nt use the option "dvipdfm".

With this fresh install :
- With the option "dvipdfm" : jpgs are included, the option
[width=0.8\textwidth] gives them a correct size.  However [scale=0.5]
which used to work (miktex) does not work properly : jepgs are so large
that they do no fit in the page.

- Without the option "dvipdfm", jpegs are also included, but their size
is way too small (post stamp size). With [scale=0.5] they are no longer
visible.

Thanks again for your help,

Regards,

Jacques.