[XeTeX] Hyperref problem

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Thu Jul 20 08:26:25 CEST 2006

Hi,

> With the help provided here, I managed to have a working install of
> Xetex under win32 (big thanks to those that make that possible).
>
> Now I'm trying to produce a pdf using hyperref to have sections
> displayed as bookmarks.
> Although the text is correctly typeset with the chosen fonts (thanks
> fontspec !), the bookmarks are rendered as illegible squares.
>
> How can I get the bookmarks correctly rendered ?

\documentclass[dvipdfm]{article}
\usepackage[... ...]{hyperref}
... ...
... ...
\begin{document}
\tableofcontents
... ...
\end{document}

Note the option "dvipdfm".
Bookmarks are automatically written in utf-16 encoding,
thanks to the xdvipdfmx rewritten by Jonathan.
Of course you have to prepare your source in utf-8 encoding.

--
Akira Kakuto