[XeTeX] Package geometry with XeTeX

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Jul 16 14:03:43 CEST 2006

On 14 Jul 2006, at 8:10 pm, jeffdod at netzero.net wrote:

> Thanks for the help! I still haven't solved this completely though.
> It seems that no matter what method I use (typearea, geometry, or
> just with \setlength commands) there is some vertical offset that
> throws off my formatting.

> Could this in fact be a
> XeTeX reaction to the geometry package?

It's possible, but I'm not aware of anything that would cause such
problems. I've tried a few simple examples with geometry.sty, and as
far as I can tell, the results seem OK.

If you can't get to the bottom of this, I'd suggest you try and make
a small but complete example document that demonstrates the problems,
and can be run with either pdftex or xetex, to compare the results.
(Simplify as far as possible, eliminating unusual packages, fonts, etc.)