[XeTeX] Converting legacy encodings to utf-8

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Jul 12 10:15:14 CEST 2006

Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> writes:

> Really, though, all this language support stuff needs to be updated
> for Unicode. Who's ready to write the unibabel package? :)

I think anybody attempting that would have to know how hyphenation
patterns are going to be organized. Especially in cases where one can't
have one file for both unicode and legacy TeX systems. Maybe
ruhyphen.tex could be used as an example. In this file one can choose on
which encoding the patterns should be based. Maybe one could add such a
wrapper around every pattern file with a suitable \if-switch. This
switch would then be initialized in the different *.ini files.

cheerio
ralf