[XeTeX] Ubuntu XeTeX distribution?

Steven Shaviro shaviro at shaviro.com
Tue Jul 4 16:31:07 CEST 2006

I've recently installed Ubuntu Linux, version 6.06 (Dapper) on an old
laptop. I've installed TeXLive and various other packages.
I'd like to install XeTeX as well -- without it, I cannot work on the
XeTeX files from my other machine. But on the XeTeX distribution
page, there are only Ubuntu binaries for version 5.10 (Breezy); the
note says that "Users who have updated to Ubuntu version 6.06
"Dapper" will probably need to rebuild from source (or wait for
someone else to build new packages)."

So I am wondering if anyone has built such packages? If not, how do I
rebuild from source myself? As a relative Linux newbie, I do not know
much about how to go about this, and I'm a bit afraid of messing
things up...

Thanks for any help.

Steven Shaviro shaviro at shaviro.com
http://www.shaviro.com