[XeTeX] Fonts in the XeTeX installer?

Michael Zedler michael.zedler at tum.de
Tue Jul 4 11:50:21 CEST 2006

>>> Isn't creating a Unicode-encoded math font for Latin Modern in the
>>> works?
>> Eventually, but not by the Latin Modern team at this stage.
>> Johannes Kuester has it on the cards (www.typoma.com) but no work has
>> been done yet as far as I'm aware.
>
> Creating math fonts in a Unicode compliant way is only part of the
> story. TeX needs additional metrics info for using math fonts.
> Unfortunately, Microsoft has not yet revealed any documentation on the
> OpenType tables they added to 'Cambria Math'. So for the time being the
> only way known to me to add such metrics are the nonstandard tables
> implemented in FontForge:
> <URL:http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/non-standard.html#TeX>

I'm currently building pfb and otf versions of MnSymbol. Perhaps someone
wants to test the current alpha version
http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/MnSymbol10.otf with XeTeX? Currently I'm
still trying to get all glyph outlines perfect, the next steps are
   - make *.alt, *.neg, and *.disp letters available through stylistic
alternates
   - get fontnames, codepages, size information right (what would be the
correct codepage for this font, anyway)? The font will come in two
weights with seven optical sizes.
   - math metrics (once we know how they are to be implemented)

Documentation is on http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/MnSymbol.pdf.

Best,
Michael