[XeTeX] The XeTeX reference guide (v0.2)

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Jul 3 16:57:34 CEST 2006

On 3 Jul 2006, at 3:40 pm, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Just ran this through xelatex (in TeXShop) and it compiles fine,
> sort of...
>
> I downloaded the Charis SIL font (as well as Gentium --- both very
> nice) but dont' have Warnock Pro; is that abnormal?

It's only abnormal if you've bought and installed Warnock Pro; if
not, it would be abnormal if you did have it. :)

> Also got the FPL Neu and like it too!
>
> In the example using Charis SIL and the yen I get:
>
> <yen.pdf>
> so the two glyphs aren't the same.

Either Will's using an older version of the font, or it's simply a
typo. Note that the output says "The glyph slot in Charis SIL for the
Yen symbol is: 1459" but then the example goes on to typeset it using
"\XeTeXglyph1458". No wonder you get a different glyph.