[XeTeX] [OT] [ANN] FPL Neu OpenType

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 23:59:31 CEST 2006

On 02/07/2006, at 1:50 , Ralf Stubner wrote:

> As some of you know, I have been working on a font named "FPL Neu",
> which is based on 'URW Palladio L'. License is GPL plus embedding
> clause. I am also building an OpenType versions of these fonts, which
> can be used together with XeTeX. A prerelease version (version 0.9.4)
> can be found here:
> <URL:http://www.tfkp.physik.uni-erlangen.de/~ralf/tex/fplneu-otf.zip>

Hi Ralf

This is great news. I'll henceforth be using this font for all of my
XeTeX documentation files, so if I run into anything I'll let you
know. Thanks!

> The following OTL features are currently implemented:
>
> Small caps exist only in the regular font for now. Together with
> fontspec.sty one can use 'UprightFeatures={Letters=SmallCaps}' to
> avoid some warnings:

Note that fontspec will define a small caps shape automatically and
allow you to access them with \textsc{} or \scshape.
[SmallCapsFeatures={...}] will allow you to add to the features
applied for the small caps shapes.

Cheers,

Will