[XeTeX] on GSUB

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Sun Jul 2 21:03:10 CEST 2006

Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> writes:

[...]
> So while it might be nice if (x)dvipdfmx were extended to support
> this usage (especially if the same code is used to handle fonts from
> included PDFs -- I don't know if this applies), it falls outside of
> Adobe's spec for OTF fonts, and font editors should *not* be
> generating it.

Indeed. I hadn't read that part careful enough. That means that these
GFS fonts (and the tools used for creating them) are really broken. Now
the introdution of this special way of using endchar makes sense,
though. It is just a simple way for a PDF-creating tool to deal with
seac in Type 1 fonts, which are to embedded as CFF into the PDF.

cheerio
ralf