[XeTeX] segmentation fault

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Jul 2 16:57:45 CEST 2006

Hello Yves,

On 2 Jul 2006, at 3:02 pm, Yves Codet wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Le 2 juil. 06 à 15:32, Toralf Senger a écrit :
>
>>> What  does that message mean and what should I do?
>>
>> No idea either, but does it help to make new memory dumps=format
>> files for tex? Macros stored in there should not be system
>> dependant but I understand that this can happen
>>
>> Therefore(?): fmtutil -all
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't help. The system issued a .crash.log:
>
> <xelatex.crash.log>
>
> Maybe it allows to locate the issue. When I installed XeTeX I
> typeset a few samples provided with it to check my installation;
> they compiled without any problem. I'm on an Intel based Mac now,
> and the files which make XeTeX crash were created on a G4; I don't
> know if it matters.

It shouldn't matter; they're just text files.

The crash log indicates that it is crashing within an Apple Type
Services routine; this could indicate a corrupted or buggy font file,
or it could indicate that xetex is calling the routine with bad data
(due to a bug in xetex itself).

Two things to look into: (1) What font(s) are you using, and does the
problem go away if you specify different fonts? (2) If you can't
narrow it down to one particular font, then please create and send me
a small test document with the minimum packages needed to cause the
crash.

Thanks,