[XeTeX] [OT] [ANN] FPL Neu OpenType

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Sat Jul 1 18:20:06 CEST 2006

Hello everybody,

As some of you know, I have been working on a font named "FPL Neu",
which is based on 'URW Palladio L'. License is GPL plus embedding
clause. I am also building an OpenType versions of these fonts, which
can be used together with XeTeX. A prerelease version (version 0.9.4)
can be found here:
<URL:http://www.tfkp.physik.uni-erlangen.de/~ralf/tex/fplneu-otf.zip>

The following OTL features are currently implemented:

Small caps exist only in the regular font for now. Together with
fontconfig.sty one can use 'UprightFeatures={Letters=SmallCaps}' to
avoid some warnings:

c2sc    Small Capitals From Capitals
smcp    Small Capitals

Different figure forms:

case    Case-Sensitive Forms
dnom    Denominators
numr    Numerators
onum    Oldstyle Figures
sinf    Scientific Inferiors
sups    Superscript

Localization that switches U+015[ef] and U+016[23] from 'with cedilla'
to 'with commaaccent':

locl    Localized Forms  (latin script, Romanian language)
ss01    Stylistic Set 1

Not much difference compared to the Type 1 version for these features:

dlig    Discretionary Ligatures
frac    Fractions
kern    Kerning
liga    Standard Ligatures

The regular font also contains a glyph for U+018e. ;-)

Feedback welcome.

cheerio
ralf