[XeTeX] OT: creating beautiful graphs

Emmanuel 117143.2307 at compuserve.com
Wed Jan 25 20:40:02 CET 2006

At 1:21 AM -0500 1/25/06, Faisal Moledina wrote:
>Hey everyone,
>
>This is somewhat off-topic from XeTeX.  I assume that most, if not
>all, the member on this list are Mac users, and I'm calling out to
>those who regularly have to plot data to include in their XeTeX
>documents.  I regularly have to plot data for lab reports and I have
>in the past done so in the most cumbersome method possible.  I would
>plot the data in Excel, then decrease the margins of the graph, then
>print the graph to PDF, and then include the graph into my XeTeX
>document.  I was wondering if there was a nice Mac program that
>plotted data very well.  I have used Grapher, but only to plot known
>equations, not raw data.  I was thinking of using either Octave or
>MATLAB but I don't necessarily want to use a heavyweight program
>just to plot some data.  What do you all use?

Our product SmileLab is modern (and fully Unicode-compliant), it
makes gorgeous graphs and it saves them as PDF. Furthermore, it ships
with a full-fledged GUI included for 3D graphs, and it is 100%
scriptable which means that you can automate whatever you would like
when productivity is an issue.

You may want to visit SmileLab's gallery at:
<http://www.satimage-software.com/en/smile_gallery.html>

SmileLab is a pay version (for data visualization) of the free
AppleScript-based automation software (and script editor, and Unicode
text editor, and XML editor, and 2D graphics engine, and more) Smile.

Emmanuel
 From Satimage-software