[XeTeX] On combining diacritics again

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Mon Jan 23 01:23:57 CET 2006

On 23/01/2006, at 9:04 , Adam Twardoch wrote:

> I'll just add that in Mac OS 10.4.0-10.4.2, if a font included both
> AAT and OpenType Layout features, the OpenType Layout features were
> used. As of 10.4.3, the behavior was changed (and rightly so) and
> AAT features are given preference.

Just getting a bit off-topic here -- I can understand that for
backwards compatibility this is totally the way to go here, but are
new fonts being implemented with AAT tables at all now? And if so, is
it just because Mac OS X doesn't support OpenType well enough? Or are
there still relevant areas of AAT that are superior to OpenType?

Will