[XeTeX] Greek Hyphenation (monotoniko)

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Thu Jan 12 18:04:58 CET 2006

Hello.

After thinking it over I have a few words to add (not too silly I hope).

I don't know much about TeX's psychology, but in a previous mail I
suggested that precedence might be an issue, at least for decomposed
characters. There are for instance, among hyphenation rules:
	(1) 1<d>
	(2) 2<circumflex>1
The digit "1" in (1) and (2) often points to the same spot, which is
the case for εἶδον in your test file. Since the precedence is the same
maybe TeX doesn't know what to choose and acts randomly. If I was TeX
I'd be confused in such a case, but of course maybe it doesn't work how
I'm trying to figure.

Best wishes,

Yves