[XeTeX] Proposed change in color handling

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jan 3 16:53:38 CET 2006

Stephen Moye wrote:

>Agreed, absolutely. The only thing I would like to see in specifying
>font color attributes is making it consistent with how colors are specified
>in dvips. Instead of
>
>    \font\icky="Hoefler Text Black:color=FFFF00"
>
>perhaps something like
>
>    \font\icky="Hoefler Text Black:color=rgb 1.0 1.0 0.0"

what is the idea behind this font related coloring? why not something
generic:

\font\icky="Hoefler Text Black:begin={0 0 1 rg}:end={0 0 0 rg}"

i.e. xetex inserts those pdf literals in the output stream ; there is
more than color ...

(this could be a precursor to a more generic attributes mechanism)

Hans