[XeTeX] ~/Library/texmf/tex/...?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Feb 20 12:59:11 CET 2006

On 20 Feb 2006, at 11:46 am, Stephen Moye wrote:

>> Anyhow, you can use the -kpathsea-debug option with xelatex to
>> determine exactly what paths it searches for a given file. On my
>> machine, the path for a .sty file is shown as:
>
> That's clear. But I seem to be making a muddle of using the -
> kpathsea-debug option: what precisely did you input on the command
> line to get the output you  showed?

I entered something like

	xelatex -kpathsea-debug=-1 dummy.sty

which generates reams of tracing output; then I searched for the line

	kdebug:kpse_find_file: searching for dummy.sty of type tex (from
texmf.cnf)

and extracted the path information from the "start search" line that
follows; then I changed the colons to newlines just to make it easier
to read.