[XeTeX] again russian, german, english...

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Fri Feb 10 09:55:40 CET 2006

Le 10 févr. 06, à 09:12, Will Robertson a écrit :

> I'm going to go out on a limb and say that babel is making things a
> *lot* harder than they need to be; you should ditch it and do the
> language selection with more low-level methods. (What they are, I
> don't know. I do remember Jonathan complaining about Babel's way of
> doing things before now, however.)

That's why it would be nice if we had some cleverly designed package to
select hyphenation patterns and/or other language specific features.
Don't you love foreign languages and scripts, Will? :)  I'm sure
members of this list will be ready to help for .ldf files or their
equivalents. And such a package could probably be used with other
Unicode TeX engines.

Best wishes,

Yves