[XeTeX] Unicode visible space

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Feb 9 13:31:04 CET 2006

Am 09.02.2006 um 12:47 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> Using xunicode.sty as a reference, the Open Box character at
> Unicode slot 2423 is used as visible space. Browsing through
> Apple's Character Palette (before I thought of using xunicode.sty,
> and save myself some time by doing so), a seemingly looking, but a
> bit wider, character is the Modified Letter Shelf at slot 02FD.

The "VISIBLE SPACE" from U+2423 is the right choice. Good fonts have
it (I wonder why Doulos SIL or Charis SIL don't have it ...), even
some in Mac OS X. If you miss some glyphs it might be a good idea to
install James Kass' CODE200x fonts: http://home.att.net/~jameskass/.
Or CaslonRoman by George Williams, author of FontForge. (Other
choices: Cardo, Junicode)

--
Greetings

   Pete

``How do we persuade new users that spreading fonts across the page
like peanut butter across hot toast is not necessarily the route to
typographic excellence?'' -- Peter Flynn