[XeTeX] christmas fontspec (1.13)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Dec 26 16:37:20 CET 2006

On Dec 24, 2006, at 1:08 AM, Will Robertson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just updated fontspec 1.13 in the SVN repository:
>    <http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/tex/xelatex/
> fontspec/>
> With documentation:
>    <http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/doc/xelatex/
> fontspec/>
>
> It should fix the recent problems reported here, and moreover
> provides a couple of minor new features.  Since TeXLive needs
> finalising ASAP, I'd very much appreciate if a couple of brave souls
> could try out the new version and confirm that their documents still
> compile and/or their previous problems are solved.

Howdy,

Sorry to have taken so long to respond but there were other callings
for a while.

Fontspec 1.13 seems to be very stable with all the files I've played
with but I don't use (m)any of the the more advanced features so my
experience may not have uncovered anything deep it its guts.

> New features:
>
>   - Fonts and features can be varied over font size ranges, the only
> remaining (useful) feature of LaTeX's NFSS not supported by fontspec.

This is very nice... I'll have to think some things through. If I use
Scale=MatchLowercase as an option will the sf and tt fonts scale
along with the rm font?

>   - The [RawFeature] feature can be used to bypass fontspec's
> terminology and features input manually; e.g.
>       [RawFeature=+smcp]
>     Advanced users only! Sorry it took to long to implement, Ralf,
> and thanks for the suggestion.

Hmmm... way past me right now.

>   - \setmainfont is provided as an alias to \setromanfont, which
> doesn't make much sense when you're typesetting Greek!

More transparent for those that need it.

> Happy holidays,
> Will

The same to you too! :-)

Good Luck,