[XeTeX] Release: fontspec v1.12 & euenc

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 04:57:23 CET 2006

On 24/12/2006, at 13:29 , José Miguel Figueroa-O'Farrill wrote:

> I updated fontspec as indicated in the message.  Now I find that
> documents which used to compile no longer do.  In particular I get an
> error in a file which starts with:
>
> \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{letter}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \usepackage{xunicode} % for Unicode accents
> %
> \defaultfontfeatures{Diacritics=Show,Mapping=tex-text,Color=000099}
> %
> \setromanfont{Hoefler Text}
> %
> \newfontinstance\kanafont[Color=000000]{Hiragino Mincho Pro W6}

I can see why this is happening, and I've fixed it up for the
upcoming Christmas release.
The error is due to trying to apply the AAT feature [Diacritics=Show]
(which shouldn't be required very often; not sure why it's in
\defaultfontfeatures) to the ICU-rendered Hiragino font. Either
adding [Renderer=AAT] to that font, or removing [Diacritics=Show]
will fix the error for now.

In the upcoming release, you'll just get a warning instead.

Cheers,
Will