[XeTeX] Installing XeTeX on Kubuntu Edgy with texlive packages

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Dec 22 10:33:42 CET 2006

Felix Huang <gzfelix at gmail.com> writes:
> Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de> writes:
>> (In case anybody is wondering why 'which' should be better than 'type
>> -p': Debian contains a 'which' binary in the debianutils package, which
>> is really difficult not to install.)
>
> I really appreciate it since it is more dash-ish. Although I don't
> really know why dash becomes the default shell in Debian.

This change was made by Ubuntu, not by Debian. A default Debian
installtion still uses bash for /bin/sh. It is Debian policy, though,
that scripts that start with #!/bin/sh must only use POSIX shell
features. This is useful if somebody wants to use a different shell than
bash for /bin/sh, eg, because for speed reasons.

cheerio
ralf