[XeTeX] Getting xelatex to run

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Fri Dec 8 15:00:03 CET 2006

Christoph Unger schrieb am 08.12.2006 14:40:

> Thanks again, Peter, for sending the script. However, it doesn't work. I
> also ran 'fmtutil-sys' manually, same result. The problem is the
> Hungarian hyphenation files. On the XeTeX FAQ I found the workaround to
> manipulate the file 'language.dat' so that these hyphenation patterns
> don't load. Well, I couldn't find a file 'language.dat' (except in

$ kpsewhich language.dat
/var/lib/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat

But don't change this file! You have to change
/etc/texmf/language.d/10tetex.cnf. Then run update-language (as root
or with sudo). Also check TEXINPUTS.xelatex and TEXINPUTS.xetex in
/etc/texmf/texmf.d/45TeXinputs.cnf. The right paths are:

TEXINPUTS.xelatex = .;$TEXMF/tex/{xelatex,latex,generic,}//
TEXINPUTS.xetex   = .;$TEXMF/tex/{xetex,plain,generic,}//

Then run update-texmf (again as root or with sudo).

[...]

HTH

Best,
  Christoph