[XeTeX] mapping file for f ligatures

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Dec 4 12:00:26 CET 2006

On 3 Jan 2007, at 4:12 am, Ricard Roca wrote:

> Hi to all.
>
> I want to use a font which has fi and fl ligatures, but they are not
> easily accessible (not +liga opentype features, etc.). I would use a
> simple mapping file similar to tex-text, to map f+i and f+l to the
> ligatures. I can write the file with the .map extension, but I don't
> know how to make the one with the .tec extension. I have heard that
> it's
> made with a tool called teckit_compile, but I don't know where to
> get it
> and how to use it. Any ideas?

The TECkit package is available from <http://scripts.sil.org/teckit>;
this includes the table compiler. There are binaries for Windows and
Mac OS X; for other systems, you'd need to build from source. (./
configure && make should do it.)

(If you build xetex from source, teckit_compile also gets built as
part of this process, but it isn't installed with the xetex package.)